24 Hours of Fun
So I haven't posted in a few days. I have been busy. The end of the week always gets crazy leading up to the weekend services. Not to mention it is a busy service this weekend, so that required some extra attention. I did however have the opportunity to hang out last night with my good buddy Ty and about 15 or so other men and boys. Ty just turned 5 and I was invited to his "Nacho Libre" Wrestling Party. I went as "Spike - The Executioner." We had such a good time wrestling and doing all the stuff that boys do... Though I did miss my wife, it was refreshing to do guy stuff that she doesn't like and not have to feel guilty for enjoying myself. Lindy is a great sport, but wrestling is where she draws the line. She would probably say that she draws the line way before wrestling, but she is always a good sport about watching football and baseball. She doesn't like NASCAR, which is my dad's favorite. I hope he doesn't read this. She might lose some brownie points.
Anyway, that is not where I was going with this at all. I was talking about how much fun I had. I got to body slam some kids and drop some DDT's. It took me back to the days of my childhood watching the Macho Man and Hacksaw Jim Dugan. I didn't take my camera, but I will retrieve some pics and maybe even some video footage. Check back for that.
Then, this morning, we got up and met some of the other young married couples from our church at County Line Orchard. It is an apple orchard about 20 minutes from us. They have these amazing Apple Cinnamon Donuts that they make fresh every day. They are so good. We checked out the pumpkin patch and the corn maze, then we got our picture taken by the sign for Melrose apples.
The last 24 hours have been a total blast. Two different events with two different groups of people. I am wiped out, but it has been worth it. I have a short week this week and then we are off to vacation in SW Louisiana with my in-laws. Riding the Jetski and relaxing will be the extent of that trip. Check back for some pics of the orchard and Wrestlemania!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home